Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Big Boy Bed


Jett has graduated to a twin bed and tonight is his first night in his "big boy bed". After a Spiderman story and a back rub, my little man drifted off to sleep in his new bed.

A few hours later he was fussing, so I went in to see him. I sat on the edge of his bed.

Mama: "What's wrong buddy?"
Jett: "I can't find my computer."
Mama: "You can't find your computer?"
Jett: "Ya."
Mama: "Uh-oh."

He takes a deep breath, rolls over and goes back to sleep. I sit on the edge of his big boy bed, rubbing his back, laughing and crying at the same time. Laughing because I wish I knew what he was dreaming about (how did he lose his computer?) and crying because he is getting so big so fast. Bedtime all started in a wood cradle right next to me. He moved to his crib at 5 months and I loved rocking/swaying/cuddling him to sleep at night. I slept with his monitor right next to me up so loud I could hear him breathing all night. (Crazy Mama, I know). Last fall he moved to a toddler bed, but with the move to a new house he has honestly been sleeping with me. (I know, another thing I swore I would never do.) NOW I am sitting here watching him sleep in a twin bed. Wow.

Slow down little man. Mama's not ready for you to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment