Friday, September 3, 2010

Track Star

On Fridays at our school we have mileage club. The kids run around the soccer field and earn tickets for each lap. After 5, 10, 15, etc. MILES they earn charms on a bracelet. Today was the first day for Seri to run. Last night when I was explaining how mileage club works, her face lit up and she said "Is it a race?". She was pumped all morning about lunch recess. Before recess she laced up her NIKEs and raced out to run. When I went out to pick up the class after recess, she wasn't in line. I looked out to the field and she was finishing up her last lap. SHE EARNED 8 TICKETS! That is the most any of my kinders has gotten in one day. She was so proud to her the TOP GIRL RUNNER award in our classroom. She was sprinting all over after school seeing how fast her NIKEs could take her.

I think we have a TRACK STAR in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment