Sunday, November 7, 2010

Being Thankful

Our discussions at our dinner table the last few nights has been about being thankful. God has provided us with many things and we are blessed to have each other, our home, food on the table and so much more. Before dinner we have been saying something we are thankful for. It is so cute to see them really think about the things they are thankful for and try to verbalize it...without being silly.
Here are some of the things they have expressed they are thankful for...

JETT
~Tonight, Jett said he was thankful for his corn, potatoes and milk. (Funny. He was very serious.)
~Last night he said he was thankful for his Mama, Daddy and Seri. (Very sweet.)

SERI
~Tonight Seri said she was thankful for the colorful leaves falling from the trees. "I am thankful God made such beautiful leaves that I could play in today." (We went on a nature walk today to collect leaves to make a collage. We spent the early afternoon collecting, throwing and piling leaves at the park. She LOVED it and is obviously starting to appreciate our beautiful surroundings.)
~Last night she said she was thankful for her Mommy, Daddy, brother and animals.
MAMA
What am I thankful for? Hmm...where do I start?
Here are just a few of the many things I am thankful for.
~My wonderful children, ofcourse. God has given me the amazing gift of being their Mama and I thank him many times a day.
~Our comfortable little home. We have made many memories here already and I look forward to many, many, many, many, many more.
~My vw. It gets us where we need and want to be, keeps us safe, has room for Gus and Henry and even with all the spills, tears and tantrums that have occured in it, it continues to be a cute and comfy "mom mobile".
~The girls at Espresso Express...they are my savior every morning...rain or shine, they make the best sf vanilla lattes.
~Duraflame logs. The easy way to enjoy a crackling fire during our nightly movies and books.
~My flannel sheets, down comforter and my blanket....without them I would not get the sleep I need to survive spending my entire day with little people. Yes, I still sleep with my baby blanket.
~Trees. Lately they have been my favorite things. Their beauty and strength inspire me everyday.
~Flowers.
~Music. Without it we wouldn't have our dance parties in the kitchen.

to be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment