Sunday, January 30, 2011

Seri's time at the salon

Well, not a real salon.  But, I sure felt like a beautician with my plastic gloves, all natural ingredients and comb.  I decided to put an all natural deep conditioner on Seri's hair this weekend.  As many of you already know and have witnessed, Seri has a HUGE amount of beautiful curly hair.  Through the years as she has gotten older it has become a struggle to keep moisturized and tangle free, especially with going to school this year.  She is one tough cookie when I comb through it small sections at a time.  I was VERY nervous applying the mixture onto her hair, envisioning all her hair falling out.  (Crazy, I know.)  But, after 12 precise minutes of waiting, it turned out perfect.  It has the same nice beautiful curls but is 10x softer.  Tonight after her shower I could actually comb though it easily!  
We were both sooooo excited.  
She was loving the ease of me combing through it and how it laid down more instead of poofing out.  (I LOVE her hair, but she isn't as in love with it as her Mama.)  I know it is probably hard to tell the difference, but if you could feel it...WOW!  I can almost run my fingers through it...when it's wet.  


 We conditioned her hair before she went on her date with 
Daddy to the Father/Daughter dance.   
 Anyone see the difference?  
Now I think we do need to head to the salon to trim some LONG pieces.  She has only ever had 1 slight trim.  Amazing, huh?
 Her beautiful hair looks so much healthier.
Definitely a success!  


P.S.  Did you ever have one of these?
Ok, so I found this nightgown/robe at the Goodwill this weekend.  I sooooo remember having one when I was little.  I had to get it for her, of course.  (only $1.99)  She was so excited to wear it, especially after I told her I had one almost exactly like it when I was little.  I think mine was pink.  
Anyone else have one like this?  

1 comment:

  1. Seri is one gorgeous girl. Looks like she had fun getting her hair done, at least getting to lay on the countertop :)

    ReplyDelete