Monday, April 4, 2011

this and that

Here are some random thoughts and pictures from 
my iphone from the last few days.

Oh spring...I love it!  Although, I HATE the yard work that comes a long with it.  That is what I did this weekend...yard work.  I mowed for the first time, planted herbs, pansies and started the moss in my favorite cherub planter.  Remember this?  Click here to look at last years.


My little lady's spring placement.  
I love how it brightens up the kitchen on our table and she can study while she eats her breakfast in the morning.  
(Her teacher is awesome.)


I hit some thrift stores and estate sales this weekend. 
I found this chalkboard for $5.00 at the goodwill.  For now, it fits perfectly above the crazy empty space above my stove.  

I found 2 more metal flower wall hangings.  They were yellow and brown and now they are white...ofcourse.  They look great above the bathtub.  (I love spray paint, especially the Krylon 2x.  It is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.)

I found a white round table cloth with a pom-pom edge (LOVE) for only $1.00.  I thought it would make a perfect little curtain in the window above Seri's Barbie house.  
Looks adorable.

I also found a "perky carpet groomer".  Seriously?  Who named it that?  Anyways, it too is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.  My mom always used to talk about "raking" her shag carpet.  Well, I now rake my own large shag area rug in the living room and the kid's round rug in their room.  I feel like I should shut the drapes while I am raking my rug but boy it is a gem!  ha.

I found this cute red necklace for .75 cents.  

My birthday was last week.  Yes, I am now 32.  My wonderful sister stole the kids for an hour to buy me a gift.  They came back with a brown and white floral scarf (which I adore) and this cute little turquoise vase with pink flowers.  I am pretty sure I have the best kids and sister in the whole wide world.

My envelope to the card from my favorite little people.  I love how cute it is and how proud they were to give it to me.  Love them.  
It is now proudly displayed on our bulletin board.

Umm....someone is growing.  
So much so that I had to cut the toes off his 
favorite jammies so his feet would fit.  

Tonight as we sat together for dinner, I again began to realize how blessed I am to have these two amazing children.  I love how we talk about our day, who they played with, what they learned, etc.  We were meant for each other and I am so glad God put us together in our little family.  I am such a lucky Mama.

At the table tonight...
Seri:  "Mom, I need to tell you something.  You are the best Mom in the whole wide world." as she smiles at me with lasagna all over her mouth.  Sweetheart.

Jett:  "Ya, Mom.  I need to tell you a secret."  He climbs out of his chair, comes over to my ear and says, "You are the prettiest Mama in the whole wide world too."  

Mama:  "Oooh, thanks guys.  I think I am the luckiest Mama in the whole wide world to have you two."


No comments:

Post a Comment