I like to keep the kids art projects from years before and hang them up again. They love to remember when they made them.
Tai and Seri made Jett a "hula girl" costume out of paper. Pretty funny and creative.
Back in the beginning of September I bought the kids some sea creatures that grow 600 times their size. They were cheap and were bought just to help them stay quiet in the grocery store. (Yes, I do that sometimes. shhh!) I thought they would just be a sponge and we would end up just throwing them away. Oh no. They started out in a bowl on the table which they outgrew quickly and they currently live in our bathtub and I have to honestly say they are AWESOME. I don't know what they are made out of but they get HUGE and feel almost real.
Here they are after one night.
Here is our collection at about 1/2 their full size.
Jett is a tad obsessed with them.
My excitement for the week...my shower floor is finished being re-tiled. Love it. Anyone who saw it's grossness before knows why I am excited.
Seri brings work home every Friday and we sit down together and go through it. She tells me all about it and what she is learning about, etc. We celebrate her accomplishments and talk about things she could work on. There isn't any school tomorrow so everything came home today. One of my favorite things to look at is her writing. She writes the cutest and funniest things and I ADORE her drawings.
This is a picture from her journal about Jett and her dressing up for Halloween. She is going to be a witch and it looks exactly like her drawing.
Jett is going to be a giraffe.
SOOOOOO cute.
My boy continues to draw and create ALL the time. I honestly can't remember when he has played with his toys unless he brings them to draw with him. He even draws with a notebook and a pencil in bed before falling asleep.
He continues to amaze me.
He made this chick at school this week.
A puppet of himself.
Jett has a huge love of giraffes. Tonight he was reading and writing letters to his giraffes. They each had their own chair too and they are currently in bed with him.
I can't believe it is the middle of October already. It's getting cold. I love it.
Happy Fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment