Sunday, November 20, 2011

HOME


We have had 3 days at home.  Home.  We only left for the grocery store and an hour or so at the local Christmas Bazaar.  So seriously, we have been HOME.  Ahhh. It has been so nice.  Both kiddos were sick all last week and by Friday they were either vomiting (all over the bathroom), had a fever, coughing, had a sore throat or had a crazy rash all over.  Fun times around here.  So that is why we have been HOME, our favorite place to be.  

We cleaned out the playroom and now have 5 bags of toy donations.  I organized all of the winter clothes and hand-me-downs by size.
We cleaned.  
We painted.  








We read stories.
We watched the snow fall.
We played in the snow.
We baked cookies. 
We drank hot cocoa by the cozy fire.
"Cuddled up by the fire is my favorite place to be Mom." ~Seri

The kids actually had time to PLAY.  It seems we have been so rushed with everything lately that they don't have big chunks of time to PLAY.  

They played with the trains.
They built a home out of blocks for Jett's toy turtles.
They turned the coffee table into a city for their cars.
They dressed up and pretended to be kitties.  Jett made a nose, ears and whiskers.  (He wore this for at least two hours and every time he would breath the tape would make a noise.  Love him.)



They created a home for our cat Edna.  



Have I mentioned my dear son LOVES tape?




They ventured outside today and made a snowman all on their own.  They have been watching out the window all evening to make sure it is still there.  


I started laundry this morning at 7:00 and I have been doing it religiously for 13 hours.  
Yes, that is how behind I was.  
I can see my laundry room again. 
We have clean clothes, socks, sheets, blankets and stuffed animals.  


Well, it worked.  HOME.  
My sweets went to bed tonight clean, happy and most of all healthy. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment