My handsome boy, you had your 5 year old check up today. We went together, you and me, to see the doc. We walked in holding hands and you stopped at the door because you were scared. Even though you have been to the same doctor's office for 5 years, you don't remember. You were of course full of personality and were covering up how nervous you actually were with silly jokes and stories. The doctor thought you were very healthy and growing and even mentioned how tired I must be at the end of the day taking care of you. He thinks you are awesome. You have grown 5 inches this year and are in the 90% for height. I tell you all the time that someday I will look up to you like you look up to me. You think that is sooo funny. The doc and I discussed how you are pigeon toed and that is probably why you have a hard time sitting criss-cross at preschool. No wonder you keep telling me it hurts. Now I know why.
Little did you know that you were getting your 5 year old vaccinations, which you DID NOT like one bit. You cried (and screamed) for a good 5 minutes before we could leave our little room to go home. Your poor little legs have been sore all day.
I tried to heal you with lots of snuggles, Tylenol, a yummy healthy dinner and ice cream on the front steps.
That seemed to do the trick.
Here are your 5 year old stats:
Height: 45 inches 90th percentile
Weight: 40.5 lbs 60th percentile
I love you with all my heart little man.



No comments:
Post a Comment