Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cute Valentine Project

I saw a cute idea online to paint paper doilies and make them into a Valentine's banner/bunting.  (Are they the same thing?  I never know.)  After a trip to Walmart, we had a set of brightly color Crayola watercolors, new paint brushes that we needed desperately, white yarn and a pack of 20 doilies.  
The three of us sat down at table and had fun 
painting all different designs onto the doilies.    







 They didn't look very bright while they were drying on the table.  I was a little worried they looked too muted.  But, after I hung them up in the window, they were beautiful.   

 A little bit of a mess when we were through...but it
 cleans right up easily.
 It doesn't show well in the pictures how vibrant the colors actually are once they are hanging in the window.   

I used the sheets Seri painted to cut out hearts for their bedroom.  Can you tell she liked it?


Check out where I found this idea here.

No comments:

Post a Comment