Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Dinners

One of our favorite things to do is to 
eat dinner outside.  Together.  
Enjoying each other, the weather and the flowers.



 We visited the fruit stand and bought local blueberries and strawberries.  Yum.  
 My boy slowly stripped today.  This morning he was dressed in a shirt and jeans.  80 degree weather and he was adamant he needed pants.  "Why do I have to wear shorts EVERYDAY!" he whined this morning when I was getting out his clothes. "Alright, if you want to wear pants, go for it, but you are going to get hot."  was my response. 
Well, he got hot, and wet, and dirty, so by dinner time he was wearing this.  
Helmet, undies and boots.   


 For dessert....Blueberry Crisp.  
YUMMMM!  
I made extra "crisp".  We were all repeating "mmmmmm" over and over after each bite.  "Mom, this is the best EVER!"  


After dinner we cleared the table and we got ready for our walk.  
Me:  "Jett, you know you have to put clothes on if you want to go ride your bike later, right?"
Jett:  Why?
Me:  "It is against the law to ride your bike in your underwear out on the road."
Jett:  "Oh.  Ok."

Whatever works.  
My boy. A character.

*****************************************
Henry needed a haircut BAD so today was the day.  I got out the clippers and went for it.  Seriously.  I really tried.  He looks awful!  He has bald spots all over.  Oops.  He got a few stares on our walk tonight.  It will grow back.  Quickly,  I hope.
BEFORE

AFTER
I didn't take a full body shot.  
I didn't want to embarrass him.  
Atleast his head looks cute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment